Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh on Tuesday tested positive for COVID-19.
The minister confirmed the same on Twitter. “I have today tested #COVID positive with symptoms. Please get yourself screened if you were in my contact recently and take care,” he said.
The DoNER minister joins several other leaders who have contracted the virus in the second wave.
Messages wishing him a speedy recovery have already started pouring in.
Yesterday, former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh also tested positive for COVID-19. He has been admitted to AIIMS, New Delhi. Over the last few days, Union sports minister Kiren Rijiju, Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao, Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath, and several others have tested positive for Coronavirus.
- United Naga Council lambasts AFSPA imposition in Naga areas of Manipur
- CADC Chief Executive Member and colleagues revoke decision to join ZPM, return to MNF
- Assam relaunches crackdown on child marriage
- Assam’s Lovlina Borgohain secures Paris 2024 Olympic quota at Asian Games
- Assam reserves ACS, APS seats for Matak and Moran communities
- Architect of India’s Green Revolution, agricultural scientist MS Swaminathan passes away