Guwahati: Assam reported 590 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, pushing the tally to 2,21,483, according to the bulletin of the state National Health Mission.
The state recorded one coronavirus related death from Kamrup (Metro), taking the toll to 1,119. Also, 52 patients were discharged on Tuesday.
The highest number of new COVID-19 cases were reported from Kamrup Metropolitan district (249), Dibrugarh (74), Kamrup (48) and Jorhat (25), it said.
The positivity rate is 0.99% in Assam.
The state currently has 2,924 active COVID-19 cases, while 2,16,093 people have recovered from the disease.
The COVID-19 recovery rate in the state is 97.57 per cent.
So far, 76,83,483 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Assam.
Also Read | Assam reports 583 new COVID-19 cases
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence