Aizawl: Mizoram’s COVID-19 count reached 4,619 on Monday as 7 more people have tested positive for the infection, an official said.
The state also reported one fresh COVID-19 fatality, taking the state’s death toll to 12, he said.
The seven fresh cases were reported from Aizawl district and all the patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19, he said.
Two boys aged 3 and 13 and a 63-year-old woman were among the newly infected people, he said.
One patient has returned from Assam while the rest 6 were locally transmitted and it is to ascertain how they contracted the virus, the official.
Also Read | COVID-19: Record rise in daily cases in India, active cases cross 12-lakh mark
Mizoram now has 143 active cases, while 4,464 people have recovered from the virus.
Meanwhile, a 34-year-old man has succumbed to the infection at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) on Monday.
According to sources at ZMC, the victim was admitted at ZMC along with his father on April 10 as both tested positive for novel coronavirus.
He has developed pneumonia and other diseases, including pancreatitis and septicemia, it said.
The victim died 12:45 am on Monday, the sources added.
- Mizoram sets up ‘expert panel’ to handle Manipur’s internally displaced
- Amid heat, transformer catches fire in Guwahati; locals rue APDCL laxity
- Manipur: Army organises health camps in villages, relief camps
- Sikkim CM urges people to plant trees, not leave any land barren
- Nagaland: Angami bodies, students clean iconic Kisama heritage village
- Tripura State Rifles’ soldier kills self