Mumbai: Popular stand-up comic Kunal Kamra on Tuesday said he and his family have tested positive for COVID-19.
While the comedian is home quarantined, his parents have been admitted to a hospital here.
Kamra, 32, said he has informed those he came in contact with recently about his COVID diagnosis. “My parents are COVID positive and they’re in a hospital near by. I’m COVID positive quarantined at home. I’ve spoken to everyone who I was in contact with.
“Me and my family will be fine soon. Please take the second wave very seriously and be super careful,” the comedian wrote on Twitter.
A day after recording more than 11,000 COVID-19 cases in a day – the highest so far – Mumbai on Monday reported 9,857 COVID cases, taking the tally to 4,62,302.
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur
- Manipur: Assam Rifles organises peace meet in Jiribam and Tamenlong
- Meghalaya: Rape accused convicted in West Garo Hills, gets 20 years in jail
- Pact inked to train Nagaland school teachers on disaster management
- Three more people killed, 2 injured in fresh violence in Manipur
- Manipur’s Naga MLAs want status quo in Naga tribal areas