Panaji: Police in Goa capital Panaji have been given masks by the local civic corporation to “gift” to people caught without one in public amid a surge in COVID-19 cases.
The masks were given to the police by the Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP) mayor Vasant Agashikar, who said the civic body will help the police maintain COVID-19 norms here.
Panaji police inspector Sudesh Naik said people were ignoring mask norms routinely.
“We don’t like fining people but the mask rule has to be enforced. Now we can gift these masks so that people caught without one don’t move the head and spread the virus,” he said.
- Sikkim floods: 10 dead, 82 missing, 14 bridges collapse
- Arunachal CM expresses sadness, shock at Sikkim floods
- Sikkim Police notifies road situation; check details here
- Handkerchief or tissue? Which one’s better for our health and the planet?
- Assam: Half marathon event to be held on Oct 29 in Dibrugarh
- RBI approves merger of North East Small Fin Bank, fintech unicorn Slice