Imphal: Manipur has recorded seven COVID-19 deaths in the last 24 hours. With this, the total deaths owing to the coronavirus has jumped to 318 in the state.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, four deaths were reported from Imphal West, two from Imphal East and one from Bishnupur district.
With 138 new cases, including 16 security personnel, the total confirmed cases for the virus in Manipur now stands at 26,534.
Also Read: Hybrid doctors? Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Arunachal doctors join protests
All the 122 local cases are said to be traced contacts without a travel history to other states. They are reported from Imphal West (51), Imphal East (24), Thoubal (6), Bishnupur (17), Kakching (2), Ukhrul (4), Tamenglong (4), Tengnoupal (1), Chandel (7), Kangpokpi (2), Senapati (2), Noney (1) and Churachandpur (1) districts.
The total number of recovered persons has increased to 23,301 with 135 more infected cases, including 85 people who were on home isolation, were discharged in the last 24 hours. With this, the recovery rate is 87.81 per cent.
The number of active cases is 2,915, in which 2,640 are from the general population, and 275 are Central security personnel.
Also Read: Behave like an interlocutor, not just Nagaland governor: Manipur Naga body tells RN Ravi
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people