Guwahati: Former Assam chief minister and veteran Congress leader Tarun Gogoi has been kept in home isolation in Guwahati after he tested positive for coronavirus on Tuesday.
He had tweeted on testing positive and had appealed to those who came in contact with him to get tested or quarantine.
Also Read: Sikkim: STNM successfully conducts C-Sec surgery of pregnant COVID patient
“I have been tested Covid 19 positive yesterday. People who came in contact with me during Last few days they should go for Covid test immediately,” tweeted the 85-year-old Congress leader of Assam
Gogoi has been recently quite active in preparation to the upcoming election assembly elections of the state to be held in 2021.
Also Read: How Arunachal entrepreneur Liter Basar found sweet success in baking
Earlier, Assam DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta and Kamrup (M) Deputy Commissioner Biswajit Pegu had also tested positive for COVID-19.
Assam’s COVID-19 tally currently stands at 94,592 out of which 19,515 cases are active.
- Bangladesh tries fences to tackle growing human-tiger conflict in Sundarbans
- Outcome of 2024 elections will ‘surprise’ people: Rahul Gandhi
- Indian-American eighth-grader Dev Shah crowned 2023 Scripps National Spelling Bee champion
- HC pulls up Meghalaya govt for coal export without seeking its origin
- Assam: Hailakandi BJP leader promised ‘govt jobs’ for money, arrested
- Cong welcomes Shah’s peace plan for Manipur but questions delay