Imphal: The accident and trauma center (ATC) of Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital in Manipur has been temporarily shut for 48 hours starting from 8 pm on Monday.
The announcement was made by JNIMS medical superintendent, Prof T Rajen Singh, as precautionary measures for other patients and healthcare workers after a 60-year-old male patient, a resident of Lilong from Thoubal district, was found tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday while undergoing treatment at ATC of the hospital.
As per the statement, the patient was admitted at the hospital on Sunday night and was under observation at ATC department when his sample was tested positive for the disease by TrueNat machine.
The patient’s son, who was with him as an attendant, was also tested positive for the coronavirus on the same day.
Both the patients have now shifted to JNIMS COVID-19 care ward for further observation.
Proper sanitisation measure and contact tracing have been carried out immediately in the ATC and the hospital premises by the community medicine department, said Prof Rajen Singh.
Meanwhile, as per sources from JNIMS, all healthcare workers, including doctors, nurses and other health staff who were on duty at the accident and trauma center have been segregated and put on quarantine.
To facilitate for emergency facilities, limited services have been rendered at the first-floor OPD block as a temporary measure, it said.
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Morning lottery resultIndia has only 13 states where conducting lottery games have been made legal by the government of India. Meghalaya is […]
- Dalit minor rape: Rahul Gandhi meets victim’s family, says ‘with them’New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday met the family of the nine-year-old Dalit minor girl who died here following […]
- Assam reports 1,182 new COVID-19 cases, 13 more deathsGuwahati: Assam‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 5,69,439 on Tuesday as 1,182 more people tested positive for the infection, while 13 fresh […]
- COVID-19: India records 42,625 cases and 562 deaths in a dayNew Delhi: With 42,625 people testing positive for the coronavirus infection in a day, India’s total tally of COVID-19 cases rose […]
- Nagaland govt committed to implement RIIN: Deputy CM Y PattonKohima: Nagaland deputy chief minister Y Patton on Tuesday assured that the state government under chief minister Neiphiu Rio’s leadership […]
- Mizoram reports 885 new COVID-19 cases, 3 more deathsAizawl: Mizoram continues to register a spike in COVID-19 cases despite prolonged lockdown as 885 people, including 178 children, have […]