Gangtok: Sikkim reported 10 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, taking the tally to 283 in the state.
One of the latest patients is the maternal uncle of the government employee from Working Women’s Hostel in Deorali who tested positive earlier in the state.
Three are police personnel from Singtam in East Sikkim who were detected from the flu clinic of Singtam District Hospital. Six other people tested positive from Mamring in South Sikkim.
As part of his daily health bulletin, health director-general Dr Pempa Tshering Bhutia said, “All the 19 primary contacts of the infected person of Deorali Women’s Hostel has tested negative for COVID-19 and they all be will tested again after a week. Other contacts of her from the Police Headquarters and Tashi Namgyal Academy and State Agriculture Department would be tested after July 21.
With this, the state’s tally of active cases reached 193, the cumulative figure being 283 and 90 patients getting recovered and discharged.
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram