Guwahati: Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has announced that the total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Assam will rise to 65,000, including 30,000 in Guwahati, by August 30 this year.
Referring to a letter addressed to the state government by the Centre, minister Sarma said that the medical experts in Guwahati are thoroughly working on the clauses of the letter sent by the government of India.
Sarma, while addressing a meeting at Nagaon, said, “While leaving for Nagaon I just saw the letter. Our medical experts in Guwahati are thoroughly working on the causes, facts and figures mentioned in the letter now. However, I don’t know on the basis of what the Centre has said that 65,000 COVID-19 positive patients would be detected in Assam by August 30, 2020.”
Referring to the letter, he also said that the COVID-19 positive cases in Nagaon will be 2,400 by August 30, 2020.
According to a tweet, Sarma said that Assam has 21,864 COVID-19 positive cases till 11.55 pm on Friday.
Meanwhile, it is reported that the Centre has also asked the state government to make arrangements for at least 22,000 beds with oxygen facility in all the districts to face any emergency situation.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence