Guwahati: Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has announced that the total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Assam will rise to 65,000, including 30,000 in Guwahati, by August 30 this year.
Referring to a letter addressed to the state government by the Centre, minister Sarma said that the medical experts in Guwahati are thoroughly working on the clauses of the letter sent by the government of India.
Sarma, while addressing a meeting at Nagaon, said, “While leaving for Nagaon I just saw the letter. Our medical experts in Guwahati are thoroughly working on the causes, facts and figures mentioned in the letter now. However, I don’t know on the basis of what the Centre has said that 65,000 COVID-19 positive patients would be detected in Assam by August 30, 2020.”
Referring to the letter, he also said that the COVID-19 positive cases in Nagaon will be 2,400 by August 30, 2020.
According to a tweet, Sarma said that Assam has 21,864 COVID-19 positive cases till 11.55 pm on Friday.
Meanwhile, it is reported that the Centre has also asked the state government to make arrangements for at least 22,000 beds with oxygen facility in all the districts to face any emergency situation.
- Meghalaya 2023: Joined NPP to work for development, says Marthon
- Why making phone calls can be good for young people’s wellbeing
- Meghalaya 2023: Is it James Sangma vs Rupa Marak in Dadenggre?
- Tripura 2023: Rebel BJP MLA attacked day after quitting party
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for February 1, 2023
- X-57: How NASA’s electric plane advances emissions–free aviation