Gangtok: Sikkim has recorded 45 new cases of COVID-19 infection in the last 24 hours, pushing the state’s total count to 198, of which 112 are active cases.
Of the new cases detcted, 39 were tested on RT PCR and six on Rapid Antigen Test (RAT).
“Out of the 75 samples from Rongli Subdivision taken for RTPCR testing, reports of 54 samples have arrived, while test for 21 samples is being run this evening. Out of the 54 samples, 39 have tested positive for Covid-19. These include local people, GREF workers, health worker, police, and SSB jawans from Rhenock” informed Health Director General Pempa Tshering Bhutia as part of his daily health bulletin on Tuesday.
“Out of 146 Rapid Antigen tests conducted, 9 samples were reported positive. However, 3 persons who tested positive were from Kolkata and chose to go back. The remaining 6 persons are admitted in the Isolation ward of STNM Hospital”, informed Bhutia.
The DG-cum-Secretary informed that contact tracing is being carried out by health personnel. He also informed that Rapid Antigen Testing Kits are being sent to Rongli and Rhenock and testing will commence from tomorrow.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands