Aizawl: As many as 1,432 residents of Mizoram are yet to return from different parts of the country and abroad, a statement by a task group of migrant workers and stranded travellers said on Thursday.
Initially, about 14,401 have registered to return to the state due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus, the statement said.
Of the 14,401, as many as 13,081 have returned from different parts of the country and abroad, it said.
It said that 14 people are still on their way home and as many as 12,098 have been discharged from various quarantine facilities on completion of mandatory quarantine terms.
The statement also said that at least 62 outsiders are currently stranded in the state.
Of these, 48 are Myanmar nationals and 14 others are from Assam.
Meanwhile, an official of a task group of quarantine facilities said that about 1,852 are currently lodged at various quarantine facilities across the state.
So far, more than 14,000 people have been discharged from quarantine facilities, it said.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands