Guwahati: Another two people passed away due to COVID-19 on Thursday, taking Assam’s death toll to 24. Both the patients were admitted to Gauhati Medical College and Hospital’s COVID ICU.
The deceased have been identified as Prosnna Kumar Haloi (70) of Beltola, Guwahati and Ramsingh Hanse (56) of Karbi Anglong.
Announcing this on Twitter, state health and family welfare minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote: “Very sad to inform that 2 more #COVID19 + patients Sri Prosnna Kumar Haloi (70) of Beltola, Guwahati and Sri Ramsingh Hanse (56) of Karbianglong admitted in GMCH Covid ICU succumbed to their critical infections this morning. Both were on invasive ventilation. My condolences.”
On Wednesday, Assam reported six COVID related fatality, the highest in single day.
As per the latest updates by Sarma at 11.40 pm on Wednesday, Assam reported 696 new cases of which 423 are from Guwahati city. With this, the total reported cases in the state is 14,032 cases of which 8,726 have been discharged, 5,281 are active, 22 deaths (exclusive the two new deaths) and 3 migrated.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands