Gangtok: Twelve Army Jawans tested positive for COVID 19, all of whom have been identified as the primary contact of the first Army jawan who was found positive for the virus a few days ago. The new cases have taken the total coronavirus tally of Sikkim to 101 cases, with 12 Army personnel being shifted to Army COVID-19 treatment centre in Bagdogra near Siliguri.
The numbers have risen in the state, just a day after chief secretary SC Gupta in a coordination meeting with the State Task Force ordered both the Army and paramilitary forces to share travel SOPs with the state health department.
In his daily health bulletin on Thursday evening, state health director general Dr Pempa Tshering Bhutia informed of the Army personnel testing positive on Wednesday night at the VRDL lab in STNM Hospital. Along with the first positive case in the Army, all the 13 positive patients have been shifted to Bagdogra along with their secondary contacts.
With 53 patients being discharged so far and the 13 Army patients having migrated out to Bagdogra, the number of active cases in the state stands at 35.
- MNF names K. Laldawnglian as party contender for Tuirial bypoll
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’