Guwahati: COVID-19 claimed another life in Assam after a 45-year-old man passed away due to the virus in Guwahati on Sunday.
The patient, Hemanga Majumdar, 45, was a resident off Khanapara in Guwahati. He was brought to the Gauhati Medical College & Hospital in Guwahati in a critical state, said health minister Hima.nta Biswa Sarma. “The doctors could not save him. My sincere condolences to the bereaved family,” he tweeted.
Meanwhile, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Assam reached 7,165 after 246 new cases were reported on Saturday night. While 4,814 patients have been discharged, there are 2,338 active cases in the state. While three have migrated to other states, the death toll is 11.
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart