Agartala: More 32 persons tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday, taking the total number of cases to 1,296 and 269 active cases so far.
These include 15 from Khowai district, four from Sepahijala, 10 from South, one each from North, West and Dhalai districts.
Taking to twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Among the 1141 samples tested for #COVID19, 32 people found #POSITIVE. 24 people have travel history & others are contacts of COVID19 patients
The Count includes:
Khowai Dist: 15
South Dist: 10
Sepahijala Dist: 4
West, North & Dhalai Dist: 1 each
Earlier this evening, Law minister Ratan Lal Nath said that 651 people are in facility quarantine, while 6,056 are in-home quarantine. A total of 60,246 samples have been collected, of which 58,954 samples have been tested. The state is testing 14,757 samples per million with a recovery rate in the state is 80.62 per cent.
Earlier on Thursday a total of 122 persons were discharged leaving only 237 and 1019 recovered so far.
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish