Guwahati: India reported 11,458 new cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours on Saturday, thereby setting new record of the higest single day spike. With this surge, the country galloped its way beyond the 3 lakh cases mark.
India has been on a spree of shattering its own records everyday by reporting yet another biggest 1-day jump in terms of new COVID-19 cases.
Currently the fourth worst hit country in the world, India now has 3,08,993 cases including 1,45,779 active cases, 1,54,330 cured/discharged/migrated and 8,884 deaths, according to the figures released by the Union ministry of health and family welfare.
Reporting around 10,500 cases on Friday, the biggest 1-day spike till Friday, India surpassed United Kingdom to reach the fourth spot, only behind, US, Brazil and Russia.
In India, Maharashtra remains the worst hit state, with 101,141 reported cases, accounting for almost 33% of India’s COVID-19 tally. It is followed by Tamil Nadu, which has reported over 40,000 cases and Delhi which has over 36,000 cases of the highly contagious virus.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands