Agartala: Another five persons have been found positive for coronavirus, a day after the state registered the highest spike of 45 cases in a single day. With this, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Tripura now stands at 321.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb informed this development, “Among the 444 samples tested for COVID-19 in Tripura, 5 people found #POSITIVE. #TripuraCOVID19Count”
Currently, Tripura has 148 active COVID-19 cases, among them 147 are being treated at COVID care centre and one in COVID-19 hospital at GB Pant hospital, while 173 of them have discharged after recovery. Three persons had migrated.
A total of 31,872 persons were placed under surveillance, of which 18,858 were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period. While there are 441 persons in facility quarantine, 12,573 persons are in home quarantine, as on Saturday.
On Sunday, over 1,000 samples were collected from across the state and 850 samples including samples of those who returned by Indigo flight are being tested. A total of 29,031 samples have been collected, of which 27,475 have been tested.
Among the five new cases, three are from Sepahijala district, while two are from Gomati district.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands