Guwahati: After testing negative for COVID-19 twice, 16 patients were discharged in Assam on Friday evening, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. This takes the total number of discharged patients in Assam to 125.
Of the latest discharged patients, 12 are from Mahendra Mohan Choudhury Hospital in Guwahati, 3 from Silchar Medical College and Hospital and 1 from Jorhat Medical College and Hospital.
Informing about the same, Sarma tweeted, “Glad to share that Keycap digit oneKeycap digit six more patients have been discharged today after they tested negative for #COVID19 twice. MMCH 12; SMCH 3; JMCH 1”
Earlier in the day, six patients from Gauhati Medical College and Hospital were discharged. A total of 31 patients were discharged on Friday.
As on Friday, Assam reported 55 new cases. The total coronavirus cases in the state are 935, of which 803 are actove, 125 have been discharged, 4 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands