Guwahati: 20 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday taking the state’s total to 378 cases, informed health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Of the new cases, six are from Nalbari, five from Kamrup (Rural), four from Hojai, two from Kamrup (Metro), two from Nagaon and one from Marigaon.
Also Read: Sikkim reports 1st COVID-19 case: Delhi returnee tests positive
Informing about the same on Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ 20 new cases of #COVID19+ confirmed. 6 Nalbari; 5 Kamrup; 4 Hojai; 2 Kamrup Metro; 2 Nagaon; 1 Morigaon.”
Less than an hour ago, six new cases were reported from Sarusajai quarantine centre in Guwahati.
Also Read: Domestic travel starts tomorrow: Assam braces for a ‘rough’ Day 1
Addressing a press conference in the evening, Sarma had informed that 90% cases are from quarantine centres, which indicates that the quarantine process has been successful in Assam.
The state has so far reported 378 cases with 314 active cases, 57 recoveries, 4 deaths and 3 persons have migrated to other states.
- ISRO’s LVM3 successfully injects 36 satellites into intended orbits
- “Cheated” by lover, minor girl kills self in Assam’s Karimganj
- Congress begins day-long ‘Satyagraha’ across country
- Double Delight: Nitu, Saweety crowned world champions
- G20 delegates reach Arunachal, may visit Tawang today
- Singapore’s Surbana Jurong opens office in Guwahati, CM inaugurates