Guwahati: Six COVID-19 patients were discharged in Assam on Thursday after testing negative for the virus twice. This has brought down the total number of active cases in the state to 130 from 136, out of 191 reported cases.
State health and family welfare minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that of the six discharged people, two were admitted at MMCH in Guwahati, while four were at Silchar Medical College & Hospital (SMCH).
Informing about the same, the minister wrote on Twitter, “Glad that six patients have been discharged today after testing negative for #COVID19 twice. Two persons were admitted at MMCH, while four were at SMCH. This brings down our active cases to 130.”
Assam currently has 191 cases of which 54 have been discharged and 130 are active. Further, 4 people have passed away and three have migrated to other states.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands