Guwahati: Another six persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam on Tuesday evening, taking the total tally to 141 in the state so far. With this, the state recorded 26 new cases in a single day on Tuesday.
In the latest six cases, while three are from Guwahati, two are from Karimganj and one from Sarusajai quarantine centre. Of the three from Guwahati, two are related (wife and daughter) to a cancer patient who lost his life at Gauhati Medical College and Hospital.
Announcing the development, Assam health minister tweeted: “Alert – 6 new #COVID + cases confirmed. Out of the 3 from Guwahati, 2 are related to a cancer patient who lost his life at GMCH (wife & daughter). 2 patients are from Karimganj and one from Sarusajai quarantine centre. Total patient count goes up to 141.
Update 6:35 pm / May 19.”
Earlier on Tuesday, 20 persons tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
At 11.05 am, minister Sarma announced that six new COVID-19 cases were confirmed. Out of these six persons, two each were reported from Jorhat and Golaghat and one each from Kokrajhar and Nagaon districts of the state.
Less than an hour later, he again announced that another 14 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam. While seven of these 14 patients are from Kamrup, two each are from Hojai, Biswanath and Nalbari, and one from Nagaon, he added.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture