New Delhi: Union food minister Ram Vilas Paswan’s office in Krishi Bhawan was sealed after an employee of the premises was tested COVID-19 positive.
According to reports, the department of food and public distribution section of the building will remain closed for the next two days until the sanitisation process of the entire department area is completed.
An official working in Krishi Bhwan said: “Due to one recent corona positive case found in the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, it has been decided that the Department of Food and Public Distribution office at Krishi Bhawan shall remain closed on May 19 and May 20 for intensive sanitisation.”
Previously, some central government offices too were sealed after employees working there were found COVID-19 positive.
On May 11, Delhi’s Shram Shakti Bhawan was sealed on Sunday after an employee working in the Ministry of Power tested positive for COVID-19.
On May 5, a floor of the Shastri Bhavan, a government building that houses several ministries were partially sealed after an employee working in the law ministry tested positive for COVID-19.
Last month, the Niti Aayog building was also sealed after an employee working there tested positive for COVID-19.
Before Niti Aayog, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, which houses the Civil Aviation Ministry, was also sealed for sanitisation after a positive case of coronavirus was detected.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA