Guwahati: Another 14 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam on Tuesday morning. While seven of them are from Kamrup, two each are from Hojai, Biswanath and Nalbari, and one from Nagaon. This brings the total number of cases in the state to 135.
Informing about this on Twitter, state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote, “Alert – 14 new #COVID + cases confirmed. 7 are from Kamrup , 2 from Hojai, 2 from Biswanath, 1 from Nagaon,2 from Nalbari. Total cases now touch 135.
Please #StayAtHome as much as possible and follow all instructions.”
The new cases come within an hour after six persons — two each from Jorhat and Golaghat, and one each from Kokrajhar and Nagaon had tested positive for COVID-19.
Also Read: Assam: 6 more test positive for COVID-19; state tally 121
Of the 20 cases detected on Tuesday morning, eight had a travel history from Haryana, two with travel history from Mumbai, and two others had travelled from Rajasthan and Kolkata. Also, one person each had returned from Chennai and Darjeeling.
Assam currently has a total of 135 cases of which 88 are active cases. Up to 41 persons have been discharged, two migrated and four deaths have been reported so far.
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh