Imphal: A 22-year-old year girl from Manipur’s Kamjong district has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19, the fourth case in the state so far.
As per reports, the girl works as a staff nurse at a hospital in Kolkata. She is one of the recent returnees to the state and was in quarantine at NIT Langol in Imphal, as per sources.
The sample was tested at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) at Porompat in Imphal. After she tested positive for COVID-19, she was taken to the isolation ward at JNIMS for COVID-19 treatment.
This comes a day after a 31-year-old man from Imphal East tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday. He had returned from Mumbai via Jiribam by a hired vehicle on May 13.
The two latest cases in Manipur have come more than a month after the state reported its last case of a 65-year-old man getting infected after attending a religious congregation in Delhi’s Nizamuddin Markaz.
With this latest report, the total number of the novel coronavirus positive cases in the state has gone up to four, with two active cases. The other two patients have already been discharged from the hospital.
Manipur reported its first case of COVID-19 positive in the entire Northeast region when a 23-year-old girl with a travel history to the UK tested positive for the virus on March 24.
However, she was declared free from home surveillance on April 27, as per protocol, after she tested negative for the novel coronavirus for the fourth time.
- Manipur: Two militants of banned Kuki outfit arrested
- World Chocolate Day: 10 Fun facts you didn’t know!
- Film industry being singled out as ‘worst place in the world’: Deepti Naval
- Govt bulldozing people’s budget through inflation: Cong on LPG price hike
- Political instability deepens in Sri Lanka as Aviation Minister resigns
- Bus service to Kathmandu starts from West Bengal’s Siliguri