New Delhi: The skin tone of two doctors in China who were infected with the deadly coronavirus turned completely dark after they suffered damage to their liver following the infection, as per media reports.
Dr Yi Fan and Dr Hu Weifeng were infected with the deadly coronavirus while treating patients at the Wuhan Central Hospital in January 2020.
“When I first gained consciousness, especially after I got to know about my condition, I felt scared. I had nightmares often,” Dr Yi was quoted as saying by Chinese news media.
Dr Yi and Dr Hu are also colleagues of late whistle-blower Li Wenliang, who was punished for sounding the alarm of the virus during the very early days of the spread and then died of the disease on February 7.
“Their abnormal skin colour was caused by hormonal imbalances after their livers were damaged by the virus,” the doctors treating the duo told the media.
They were taken first to the Wuhan Pulmonary Hospital and then transferred to Tongji Hospital’s Zhongfa Xincheng branch. Dr Yi confessed that the ordeal of battling the deadly disease had, to a certain degree, traumatised him.
Footage aired on a Chinese news channel shows Dr Zhan Qingyuan from China-Japan Friendship Hospital talking to Dr Yi and Dr Hu in their ward in Tongji Hospital.
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal
- Soon, train passengers can order food via WhatsApp
- Italy-based Indian man held for impersonating Vice President
- 3 killed in collision between ambulance, truck in Siliguri
- CBI nabs 2 NF Railway engineers in bribery case
- Meghalaya 2023: 11 candidates from 3 EGH constituencies file nominations