Centre comes out with detailed guidelines regarding measures to be followed for containment of COVID-19 pandemic in phase 2 of national lockdown. Check details
New Delhi: A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the extension to the nationwide lockdown till May 3, the Union ministry of home affairs (MHA) has issued detailed guidelines regarding measures to be followed for containment of COVID-19 pandemic.
There are several relief given to industries, public utilities, etc, but all domestic and international air travel, movement by trains, buses and metro rail, etc, will remain suspended, except for security purposes.
However, the guidelines would not apply in containment zones, as demarcated by states/ UTs/ district administrations.
Public places like gyms, movie halls, malls, all kinds of gatherings remain suspended. In case of a funeral, a congregation of more than 20 persons will not be permitted.
Meanwhile, states and UTs have been asked to strictly follow the MHA guidelines and not dilute them in any manner.
The permitted activities with effect from April 20 are:
1) Industries operating in rural areas (outside the limits of municipalities and corporations), manufacturing and industrial establishments with access control in SEZs, Export Oriented Units, industrial estates and industrial townships are allowed to resume operations.
2) Manufacturing units of essential goods, including drugs, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, their raw material and intermediates.
3) Food processing units in rural areas, packing material manufacturing units, production and related activities of mines and mineral products are also allowed. In another attempt to boost activities in rural areas, brick-kilns in such localities.
4) All agricultural and horticultural activities to remain fully functional, including fisheries, plantations, animal husbandry.
5) Financial institutions like RBI and its regulated financial markets and entities, bank branches, ATMs etc; health services; social services like operations of homes for children/disabled/mentally challenged/ senior citizens/ women etc., EPF organisations and so on will continue working.
6) MNREGA works are allowed with strict implementation of social distancing and face mask.
7) Construction of roads, irrigation projects, buildings and all kinds of industrial projects, including MSMEs in rural area (outside the limits of municipal corporation and municipalities), and all kinds of projects in industrial estates.