Guwahati: A fresh case of COVID-19 has been reported from Assam, this time from Goalpara district, taking the state’s tally to 31 so far, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma late on Monday night.
The latest COVID-19 patient is a secondary contact of people associated with the Tablighi Jamaat meet at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi, Sarma added.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ A person from Goalpara, and secondary contact of people associated with #NizamuddinMarkaz, has been confirmed as #COVID19 positive. The total number of #Covid patients in #Assam now stands at 31.
Update at 11.55 pm / April 13.”
So far, the state has 30 cases directly or indirectly related to the Tablighi Jamaat congregation held in New Delhi last month, and one case in Guwahati for which the source of infection is yet to be determined.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands