Guwahati: A fresh case of COVID-19 has been reported from Assam, this time from Goalpara district, taking the state’s tally to 31 so far, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma late on Monday night.
The latest COVID-19 patient is a secondary contact of people associated with the Tablighi Jamaat meet at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi, Sarma added.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ A person from Goalpara, and secondary contact of people associated with #NizamuddinMarkaz, has been confirmed as #COVID19 positive. The total number of #Covid patients in #Assam now stands at 31.
Update at 11.55 pm / April 13.”
So far, the state has 30 cases directly or indirectly related to the Tablighi Jamaat congregation held in New Delhi last month, and one case in Guwahati for which the source of infection is yet to be determined.
- Modi dials Mamata, assures all help to mitigate flood situation in Bengal
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Torsa Morning lottery result
- Lovlina: Disappointed, ‘will celebrate Olympic bronze with vacation’
- Ruckus in Assam assembly over boundary clashes with Mizoram
- Tripura: BSF jawan dies by suicide in Khowai district
- Tokyo: Greek swimmers ruled out after COVID-19 cases