Shillong: A doctor from Bethany Hospital in Shillong on Monday tested positive for COVID-19, making it the first positive case for novel coronavirus in Meghalaya.
As per a press release issued by the chief secretary of Meghalaya, a doctor from Bethany Hospital, Shillong has been tested COVID-19 positive today [Monday]. “The District Magistrate Shillong has imposed curfew for 48 hours in the Shillong Agglomeration area starting from 6.00 am of 14th April, 2020 with the exception of essential services,” the release said.
“All the residents are requested to kindly cooperate and refrain from coming out of the houses to enable the Health Department officials to do contat tracing and take appropriate remedial measures,” the order said.
- Rahul ‘mismanaged’ Himanta episode in Assam: Azad in memoir
- Gods in the machine? Rise of AI may result in new religions
- Now, apply for jobs, give interviews while on tourist, business visa in US
- Major Himalayan rivers like Brahmaputra to see reduced flows as glaciers recede
- SC Collegium expresses concern over Centre withholding names of judges
- Kurseong to be hub of Nepali radio broadcasting in India from Apr 1