Itanagar: A national television channel on Thursday went ahead with incorrect information about the number of COVID-19 positive cases in the eastern most state of Arunachal Pradesh, stating the total number of cases as 11, where the state has only one.
“There are 11 positive cases of coronavirus in Arunachal Pradesh which have connections with the Delhi’s Tablighi Jamaat,” read the false news report on Thursday.
Without wasting any time, Arunachal DIPR clarified on this report using their social media platforms. It said, “This is to clarify that Arunachal Pradesh has got only 1 COVID-19 positive case till date. The reporting by Zeenews is false and does not carry any authenticity,” said DIPR’s tweet.
“Fake news during this 21-day lockdown will only not only mislead people but also create panic and frustration among the masses. We already have seen so many fake audio messages going viral in social media after which people started boycotting some individuals,” said a government official on condition of anonymity.
- China opposes India’s reported plan to hold G20 meeting in J&K
- Recognise ‘Sarna’ religion for Adivasis, we are not Hindu: Assam, other tribals
- We call for full respect of all religions: UN spokesperson on Udaipur killing
- Shillong-based folk-fusion outfit Summersalt releases sophomore album
- National Doctors’ Day: Significance, History, Wishes and Messages
- Women’s Hockey WC: Netherlands start as firm faves, India aim for a first