Guwahati: A fresh case of COVID-19 has been reported from Assam, this time from Dhubri district, taking the state’s tally to 29 so far, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Thursday night.
The latest COVID-19 patient was in contact with the first patient with Markaz linkage from the same district, Sarma added.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ A person from Dhubri, who was in contact with the first patient (with Markaz linkage) from the same district, has been confirmed as #COVID19 positive. The total number of #Covid patients in #Assam now stands at 29.”
So far, the state has 28 cases related to Tablighi Jamaat congregation in New Delhi, and one case in Guwahati for which the source of infection is yet to be determined.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands