Guwahati: Four more persons have tested positive for coronavirus in Assam, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma during a press conference in Guwahati on Wednesday, taking the total number of confirmed cases to five in the state.
All the four patients are currently undergoing treatment at Gauhati Medical College and Hospital. They were participants of a religious gathering in New Delhi’s Nizamuddin Markaz earlier last month, informed the minister.
Further, he added that the tally may cross double digits in the state by evening.
This comes a day after Assam reported its first COVID-19 case on Tuesday, where 52-year-old man tested positive for COVID-19 and is undergoing treatment at Silchar Medical College.
The state is currently in possession of a list of 547 people who were in and around the hotspot of Tablighi Jamaat at Nizamuddin Dargarh.
- Assam: Forces posted at Indo-Bhutan border sensitised on wildlife crime
- Pol party seeks removal of ‘non-indigenous’ Gaon Bura in Dimapur
- Merge TIPRA with Congress, lead the party: Tripura MLA to Pradyot Debbarman
- Assam: Major earthquake jolts Guwahati
- Nagaland: NCC girls’ band representing NE for R-Day 2024 begins practice
- Mizoram: Guv inaugurates Raj Bhavan’s first-ever Gandhi Jayanti exhibition