Guwahati: Assam reported its first COVID-19 case on Tuesday, taking the total to three in Northeast India.
Confirming the same, Assam health minister tweeted, “A 52-year-old person has been found positive for #Coronavirua and is Assam’s first #Covid19 patient. He is undergoing treatment at Silchar Medical College. His condition is stable.”
So far, there is no additional information if the man had a travel history, but the minister said that the government is doing the needful.
Interacting with a news channel, Sarma said that they have been monitoring the case since Monday, but waited for the final report from NIV Pune for making it official. The patient first showed symptoms for the virus on March 18.
The state is currently following the standard operating procedure of tracing the contacts. Official details of the case will be given on Wednesday.
This is a developing story. More details are awaited.
- Assam: Forces posted at Indo-Bhutan border sensitised on wildlife crime
- Pol party seeks removal of ‘non-indigenous’ Gaon Bura in Dimapur
- Merge TIPRA with Congress, lead the party: Tripura MLA to Pradyot Debbarman
- Assam: Major earthquake jolts Guwahati
- Nagaland: NCC girls’ band representing NE for R-Day 2024 begins practice
- Mizoram: Guv inaugurates Raj Bhavan’s first-ever Gandhi Jayanti exhibition