Actor Dhanush announced that he has decided to split from his wife Aishwaryaa, the elder daughter of Rajnikanth who made her directorial debut with the Tamil film 3 featuring Dhanush in 2012, after 18 years of marriage. The song Kolaveri Di from the film had gone viral.
“18 years of togetherness as friends, couple, as parents and well wishers to each other. The journey has been of growth, understanding, adjusting and adapting. Today we stand at a place where our paths separate,” wrote Dhanush on Twitter.
“Aishwaryaa and I have decided to part ways as a couple and take time to understand us as individuals for the better. Please do Respect our decision and give us the privacy to deal with this,” the actor added.
Here’s the statement shared by Aishwaryaa on her Instagram:
Aishwaryaa had shared a picture of Dhanush with Rajnikanth in October 2021 when both had won prestigious national awards, with the caption hashtagged #ProudDaughter and #ProudWife.
Here’s how netizens are reacting to the announcement:
Also read: Jai Bhim: India’s official entry to the Oscars?
- Manipur: Assam man shot dead in Imphal West
- Meghalaya CM bats for introduction of goods trains
- Himanta asks officials to ensure speedy disposal of applications for land settlement
- ‘Disturbed areas’ reduced under AFSPA in northeast: Amit Shah
- Bharat Gaurav Train flagged off from Guwahati for Arunachal Pradesh
- Regional workshop on PM GatiShakti in Guwahati focuses on NE economic centres