Model and actor Poonam Pandey’s husband Sam Bombay has been arrested by the Mumbai Police after being accused of physical assault by his wife.
The actress lodged a complaint at the Bandra Police Station on Monday and has been admitted to a city hospital. She reportedly suffered injuries on her face due to the assault.
Poonam had also filed a complaint against her husband for molestation and assault in September 2020 in Goa, where the couple had gone for their honeymoon after their wedding earlier that month.
Sam Bombay was taken into custody by the cops but was soon released on conditional bail the next day. Poonam had initially stated that she would end her marriage with her long-time boyfriend who she got engaged to in July and married on September 10, 2020, but the couple soon worked their differences out, patching things up.
Also read: After Poonam Pandey, Milind Soman booked for ‘obscenity’
- For Manipur’s fencing hero Jetlee, Olympic is a destination, not a dream
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence
- A friendly pitch: How cricket found a home in Mizoram
- Manipur: Over 3,300 candidates appear for UPSC prelims in Imphal
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda to visit India from May 31 to June 3