Chennai: Superstar Rajinikanth on Friday underwent a procedure to restore blood supply to the brain and he is recovering well, a hospital here that is treating him said.
The top Tamil star was admitted on October 28, “following an episode of giddiness,” the hospital said.
Rajinikanth was “thoroughly evaluated by an expert panel of doctors and was advised to undergo Carotid Artery Revascularization,” a medical bulletin issued by Kauvery Hospital said.
“The procedure was performed successfully today and he is recovering well. He is likely to be discharged from the hospital after a few days,” the bulletin issued by Dr Aravindan Selvaraj, co-founder and executive director of the hospital said.
Dr J Amalorpavanathan, a noted senior vascular surgeon who has served in several government medical institutions for decades told PTI that the CAR is “a procedure to restore blood supply to the brain.”
- Sikkim reports 2 new COVID-19 cases
- Tripura: Cong-BJP clash sparks tension in Agartala; Cong chief hospitalized
- Administration yet to reach all affected people of Silchar: Himanta
- New music! The latest by Ama Lou, Alewya, Tierra Whack and Flohio
- BTS: ‘V’ takes Paris by storm, ARMY can’t cope with his style
- Ambubachi Mela ends, public worshipping resumes at Assam’s Kamakhya temple