Bengaluru: South film star Puneeth Rajkumar died after suffering a heart attack on Friday morning. He was 46.
The actor was rushed to a hospital in Bengaluru after he complained of chest pain. The Kannada actor was shifted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where a team of doctors were monitoring his situation.
“Puneeth Rajkumar was brought to the emergency department at 11:40 am. He was non-responsive and was in cardiac asystole and advanced cardiac resuscitation has been initiated,” the hospital said in a statement.
Actor Siddharth took to his official Twitter handle to confirm the news of Puneeth’s demise. Siddharth expressed grief and said he was “heartbroken” over the news.
The condition of the 46-year-old son of matinee idol late Rajkumar and Parvathamma, was serious, the hospital had said.
A popular television presenter, Puneeth, fondly called ‘Appu’ by his fans, began his career as a child artiste. He was also among the highest-paid actors in the Kannada film industry.
- BJP Tripura manifesto promises rubber units, more autonomy for tribals
- Tripura 2023: Success of women candidates may decide next govt
- Mask Art of Majuli: IGNCA docu in France, Chennai Int’l film fests
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong promises ‘5-star’ state as poll campaign takes off
- Assam betelnut smuggler, hiding in Bangladesh, caught from Karimganj
- Election 2023: Battle royale over Tripura’s heartland Dhanpur