Bengaluru: South film star Puneeth Rajkumar died after suffering a heart attack on Friday morning. He was 46.
The actor was rushed to a hospital in Bengaluru after he complained of chest pain. The Kannada actor was shifted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where a team of doctors were monitoring his situation.
“Puneeth Rajkumar was brought to the emergency department at 11:40 am. He was non-responsive and was in cardiac asystole and advanced cardiac resuscitation has been initiated,” the hospital said in a statement.
Actor Siddharth took to his official Twitter handle to confirm the news of Puneeth’s demise. Siddharth expressed grief and said he was “heartbroken” over the news.
The condition of the 46-year-old son of matinee idol late Rajkumar and Parvathamma, was serious, the hospital had said.
A popular television presenter, Puneeth, fondly called ‘Appu’ by his fans, began his career as a child artiste. He was also among the highest-paid actors in the Kannada film industry.
- New music! The latest by Ama Lou, Alewya, Tierra Whack and Flohio
- BTS: ‘V’ takes Paris by storm, ARMY can’t cope with his style
- Ambubachi Mela ends, public worshipping resumes at Assam’s Kamakhya temple
- Tripura by-polls: BJP sweeps three constituencies, Cong retains 6-Agartala
- How Yangmila Zimik from Ukhrul built her food brand with just Rs 500
- Active COVID-19 cases in country rise to 92,576