Mumbai: Bollywood actor Ananya Panday appeared before the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) here on Friday to record statement in connection with her alleged WhatsApp chats with Aryan Khan, son of superstar Shah Rukh Khan, arrested in a drugs case, sources said on Friday.
This is for the second day in a row that Ananya appeared before the central agency.
Her actor-father Chunky Panday accompanied her to the NCB office as he had done on Thursday.
The father-daughter duo arrived at the anti-drug agency’s office located at Ballard Estate in South Mumbai in a car around 2.20 pm, the sources said.
There was heavy deployment of police personnel at the office and barricades were put up there as large number of media persons gathered outside.
The NCB is probing the cruise ship drugs case, in which Aryan Khan is arrested along with 19 others.
During the investigation the NCB had found some WhatsApp chats between Aryan Khan and Ananya Panday, the sources said.
The NCB officials want to get some more information about the chats, following which she was summoned to the office on Thursday. She was questioned by the agency officials for around two hours on Thursday, they said.
The NCB had seized Ananya’s laptop and mobile phone on Thursday.
Meanwhile, a 24-year-old drug peddler was brought to the NCB office for questioning in the early hours of Friday, they said.
- More omicron cases pop up as world rushes to learn more
- New tourism policy to cater to post-COVID visitors: Ministry
- Can AI help in stopping the spread of fake news? May be not
- WHO eyes pandemic preparation as new variant emerges
- ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ gets India release date ahead of US
- NEUFC’s disappointing run continues as side loses to Chennaiyin FC