Mumbai: A court here on Saturday rejected the bail application of Bollywood actor Armaan Kohli, arrested in a drug seizure case.
Armaan Kohli was arrested last Sunday following a raid by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) at his residence during which banned narcotics were allegedly seized.
The actor had argued that only a small quantity of drugs was allegedly recovered from his possession, and as such he was entitled to bail.
But special public prosecutor Advait Sethna opposed the application, claiming that he had direct links with the two prime accused in the case from whom a commercial quantity of contraband was recovered.
Under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, offences involving commercial quantity (which varies for different categories) attract higher punishment.
The court rejected the bail pleas of Kohli and the two other accused arrested in the case.
Kohli had featured in the Salman Khan-starter “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” among other Hindi films, and was also one of the contestants of the TV reality show “Bigg Boss”.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art