Mumbai: A court here on Saturday rejected the bail application of Bollywood actor Armaan Kohli, arrested in a drug seizure case.
Armaan Kohli was arrested last Sunday following a raid by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) at his residence during which banned narcotics were allegedly seized.
The actor had argued that only a small quantity of drugs was allegedly recovered from his possession, and as such he was entitled to bail.
But special public prosecutor Advait Sethna opposed the application, claiming that he had direct links with the two prime accused in the case from whom a commercial quantity of contraband was recovered.
Under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, offences involving commercial quantity (which varies for different categories) attract higher punishment.
The court rejected the bail pleas of Kohli and the two other accused arrested in the case.
Kohli had featured in the Salman Khan-starter “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” among other Hindi films, and was also one of the contestants of the TV reality show “Bigg Boss”.
Also read | #CBIForSidShukla: Twitterati hatch ‘conspiracy theories’ over actor’s death
- Need to strengthen health-based surveillance system: Union Minister
- Here’s how technology is radically changing sleep as we know it
- G20: India proposes medical countermeasure coordination platform for public good
- Why 40°C is bearable in a desert but lethal in the tropics
- After text messages on phone, extreme weather alerts on TV, radio soon
- Global study highlights importance of moss to Earth’s ecosystems