Popular television and film actor Sidharth Shukla, best known for his role in the long-running TV show Balika Vadhu, died on Thursday, an official at the Cooper Hospital here said. He was 40.
Television stars, many prominent personalities and fans took to Twitter to convey condolences and shared their thoughts remembering the actor.
Shukla suffered a massive heart attack in the morning it is learnt. He is survived by his mother and two sisters.
“He was brought dead to the hospital some time ago,” the senior Cooper Hospital official told PTI.
Shukla began his career in showbiz as a model and made his acting debut with a lead role in the television show “Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na”. He later appeared on shows such as “Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi”, “Love U Zindagi” but became a household name with “Balika Vadhu”.
He also participated in reality shows, including “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6”, “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7” and “Bigg Boss 13”.
In 2014, Shukla made his Bollywood debut with the Karan Johar-produced “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” where he had a supporting role.
– With inputs from PTI
- PM Modi meets US VP Kamala Harris; discusses bilateral ties, Indo-Pacific
- ‘Mukhosh’: A worthy remake propelled by breakneck pacing, solid acting
- Gunpowder Milkshake: one of the better movies in ‘hitwoman’ genre
- Is the Delta variant of the Coronavirus worse for children?
- No evidence of any new variant of SARS-CoV2 in India: INSACOG
- Meghalaya: Mukul Sangma says will only speak with leaders in Delhi