Looking to have a career in Assam? The Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE), Assam has issued an advertisement inviting applications for jobs in Assam for the recruitment of 2272 Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) vacancies in 21 Plain Districts. These posts are lying vacant in various Provincialised Higher Secondary (HS) Schools / Higher Secondary & Multipurpose Schools / Senior Secondary Schools throughout the State of Assam. Interested and eligible candidates may apply online here.
DSE Assam Recruitment 2021
|DSE Assam Jobs||Recruitment details|
|Name of Posts||Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)|
|No. of posts||2272|
|Salary||Rs.22,000/- to Rs.97,000/- and Grade Pay Rs.11,800/- PM and other allowances as admissible as per rule.|
|Age||Not be less than 21 years & not more than 38 years as on 1st January, 2021. *Age Relaxation|
|Mode to apply||Online|
|Last date||20 Oct 2021|
|Recruitment authority||Directorate of Secondary Education|
- EWS: 301
- OBC/ MOBC: 510
- PWD: 119
- SC: 187
- STH: 197
- STP: 338
- UR: 620
|Logic & Philosophy:||51|
|Salesmanship & Advertising||5|
Note: The District-wise, medium-wise & category-wise post details shall be available from 12.00 Noon of 16.09.2021 in the official website
Educational Qualification and Eligibility Criteria for DSE Assam job vacancy
Age Relaxation: The upper age relaxation will be as follows-
• OBC/MOBC: 3 Years
• ST/SC: 5 Years
• Ex-Servicemen: 2 Years
• PwD: 10 Years
Qualification & Experience:
Post Graduation with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized Institution.
Moreover, the degrees obtained through distance / off campus mode beyond the territorial jurisdiction of the University / Institution without authorization by DEC under UGC cannot be recognized as valid but in pursuance of the Govt. letter no. ASE.176/2020/Pt/46, dated. 28.09.2020, the degrees issued by the ODLs of Assam can be considered as valid subject to fulfillment of the requirement of obtaining valid recognition by such Institution from DEC under UGC, as the case may be, as per the norms of UGC Notification on Specification of Degrees relating to subjects and courses.
TET: Candidate shall have to appear and pass in the Higher Secondary Teachers Eligibility Test (HS TET) in the concerned cadre, conducted by Government scoring a minimum of 60% marks in each paper in case of Un-reserved category candidates and minimum of 55 % marks in each paper in case of Scheduled Cases / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes and Persons with Disabilities candidates.
Provided that for the teachers working regularly against sanctioned post in a Graduate post in any provincialised High School/ Higher Secondary School for a minimum period of 15 years having requisite academic and professional qualification for the post of Post Graduate Teacher, appearing and qualifying in TET shall be optional and they shall be awarded with a weight-age of 60 marks for their 15 years of continuous teaching experience and those who have appeared and qualified in the TET shall get the TET qualified marks in lieu of the weight-age given for the experience.
Provided further that any experienced teacher who has appeared but could not secure the minimum qualifying 60 marks in the TET, shall be awarded at least 60 marks in respect of their experience if he or she has already completed 15 years of teaching experience. Any marks secure by such experienced teacher over and above 60 qualifying marks in TET shall be counted additionally in respect of TET for such teacher for the purpose selection of the post of Post Graduate Teacher.
Medium: In addition to the academic and professional qualification as per sub-rule (1), the candidate must satisfy the following criteria regarding medium of instruction:-
(i) In the case of Assamese Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with the Assamese Language as one of the subjects or having Diploma in Assamese Language issued by the Axom Sahitya Sabha or read up to HSLC level in Assamese Medium School.
(ii) In case of Bengali Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Bengali language as one of the subjects or having in Bengali Language issued by the Barak Upatyaka Bangya Sahitya Sanskriti Sammetan or read up to HSLC level in Bengali Medium School.
(iii) In case of Hindi Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Hindi language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Hindi Medium School .
(iv) In case of Bodo Medium School, the candidate must have to passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Bodo language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Bodo Medium School .
(v) In case of English Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Alternative English as one of the subjects or read from Class XI onwards in English medium School.
Provided that for recruitment of teacher for teaching MIL subject, the candidate who passed HSLC Examination with particular MIL subject shall be considered.
The Selection Process of Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE), Assam for recruitment Post Graduate Teacher (PGT ) are as given below:
• 100 marks on a percentage of marks in MA / M.Sc. / M.Com Examination.
• 100 marks on a percentage of marks in BA / B.Sc. / B.Com Examination; (In case of Major / Hons, the marks obtained in Major / Hons. Shall be taken into consideration).
• 100 marks on a percentage of marks in HSS Final Examination.
• 100 marks on a percentage of marks in BT / B.Ed. Examination.
• 100 marks on a percentage of marks in TET Examination or 60 marks for 15 years of experience as a Graduate Teacher in provincialized High / Higher Secondary School having requisite academic and professional qualification, as the case may be. Any experienced teacher who has appeared but could not secure the minimum qualifying 60 marks in the TET, shall be awarded at least 60 marks in respect of their experience if he or she has already completed 15 years of teaching experience. Any marks secured by such experienced teacher over and above 60 qualifying marks in TET shail be counted additionally in respect of TET for such teacher for the purpose of selection for the post of Post Graduate Teacher.
• 10 marks for NCC certificate (10 marks for “C” certificate and 5 marks for “B” certificate)
• 10 marks for participating in recognized sports at the national level representing Assam.
• 10 marks for achievements in Fine Arts and cultural activities representing the State officially at the National level.
How to Apply for the DSE Assam Job vacancy
Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for the posts of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT ) by visiting the official DSE Assam Recruitment Portal at (www.madhyamikassam.gov.in).
Document To be Uploaded:
Documents, as mentioned below, should be colored scanned and clear in PDF format while uploading and applying online and all documents should be self-attested.
- Passport Size Colour Photograph
- HSLC Mark sheet and Admit Card (Age Proof)
- HSSLC Mark-sheet and Certificate
- Mark sheet and Certificate of Bachelor Degree.
- Post Graduate mark sheet and Certificate.
- Higher Secondary TET mark sheet and Certificate.
- B.Ed Mark sheet (1st Year & 2nd Year) and Certificate
- Caste Certificate (in case of SC/ ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC)
- Certificate NCC (Only B or C Category only), Sports & Cultural (if represented state at National Level)
- Scanned Signature of the applicant.
- Experience certificate (if any) of 15 years of teaching experience as Graduate Teacher in Provincialised High / Higher Secondary School.
Important Dates to note:
Starting date of online application submission: 25/09/2021, 12.00 Noon
Last date of online application submission: 20/10/2021, 12.00 Noon
Apply Online: From 25/09/2021
Detailed Advertisement: Click here
Official Website: Click here
- Union minister lauds Arunachal’s wildlife conservation effort
- NIT Meghalaya to confer honorary doctorate on Shillong Chamber Choir founder Neil Nongkynrih
- Assam reports 371 new COVID cases, 10 more fatalities
- Nagaland to cover 70pc of targeted families under Ayushman Bharat by March 2022
- PM Modi meets US VP Kamala Harris; discusses bilateral ties, Indo-Pacific
- ‘Mukhosh’: A worthy remake propelled by breakneck pacing, solid acting