Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has released a job advertisement for the recruitment of 150 Junior Research Fellow vacancies. Eligible Indian Nationals may apply online.
- Recruitment Authority: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- Mode of Apply: Online
- Last Date: 31 Jul 2021
ICMR JRF Recruitment 2021:
Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 150
- Life Sciences: 120 (e.g., microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, nursing, zoology, botany, environmental sciences and veterinary medicine)
- Social Sciences: 30 (e.g., psychology, sociology, home sciences, statistics, anthropology, social work and public health/health economics)
Eligibility for ICMR JRF Recruitment:
Age Limit: The age limit for admission to the eligibility test is 28 years as on 30-09-2021 (upper age limit relaxable up to five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, PwBD and female candidates, three years in the case of OBC category.
Educational Qualification: M.Sc. /M.A. or equivalent degree (subject areas mentioned in Section 5, pg. no. 7) with minimum 55% marks for General/EWS/OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST and PwBD candidates. (Details given in the advertisement)
(i) The value of the fellowship is Rs. 31,000/- (Rupees Thirty One thousand only) per month.
(ii) The duration of fellowship will initially be limited until two years carrying a monthly stipend of Rs. 31,000/- and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- per annum.
The progress of research work would be evaluated annually through annual progress reports (APR). On completion of two years as a JRF, the stipend of a fellow may be increased to Rs. 35,000/- p.m. from 3rd year onwards on the basis of assessment of candidate’s research progress/achievements and upgradation report recommendation as submitted by the Institute’s Assessment Committee. Upon such a recommendation, the fellow will be called as a senior research fellow (SRF). In the event of the Committee not recommending upgradation, the fellow will continue as JRF with a stipend of Rs. 31,000/- per month for the 3rd year or his/her fellowship may be terminated depending on the decision of the Committee. The duration as SRF may be for a maximum duration of 03 years or until submission of Ph.D. thesis (whichever is earlier). Thus, the total tenure as JRF plus SRF shall not exceed 5 (five) years.
ICMR will hold a National level examination on Sunday, September 12, 2021 for determining the eligibility of Indian National candidates for the award of JRF through ICMR. The ICMR JRF Entrance Examination 2021 will be an online test of two hours duration.
Summary of ICMR JRF Entrance Exam:
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT)/Online
- Duration of Examination: 02 hours (two hours) i.e. 120 minutes
- Date of Examination: Sunday, 12th September, 2021
- Number of Shifts: 01 (One), Afternoon shift- 3 pm
- Location of Examination Centres: Tentatively 21 cities in India
- Language of Paper: English
- Type of Examination: Objective Type
General/EWS/OBC: Rs. 1500/– +Transaction charges as applicable.
SC/ST: Rs. 1200/– +Transaction charges as applicable.
PwBD: Exempted from payment of fee
Payment Mode: All candidates are directed to deposit the above fee through online payment gateway available at ICMR–JRF 2021 application portal w.e.f. 01.07.2021 to 31.07.2021. Payment through UPI may be avoided.
How to Apply for ICMR JRF Recruitment:
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for the ICMR JRF vacancy through the website https://main.icmr.nic.in.
Starting date for online application: 1st July 2021 at 09:00 AM
Last date for online submission: 31st July 2021 at 11:55 PM
Important Web links:
Detailed Advertisement: Click here
Apply Online: Click here
- Urgent need to resurrect Manipuri Cinema: Eikhoigi Yum director Romi Meitei
- Assam: Contraband drugs worth more than Rs 3cr seized
- Vice President Dhankhar offers puja at 700-year-old temple in Tripura
- Tripura: 14 students faint due to ‘heat’ at Khowai school sports event
- Manipur: Danish band MLTR all set to delight Imphal
- General Asim Munir takes charge as Pakistan’s new Army chief