Applications for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) are invited from the wards of ex-servicemen/ widows of army, navy, air force and coast guard personnel, who joined the professional degree courses during the academic year 2019-20. The professional degree courses should be recognised by the respective government regulatory bodies such as MCI, AICTE and UGC.
Integrated courses: Selection of candidates seeking PMSS for pursuing integrated courses will be governed by the following parameters:
Minimum educational qualification (MEQ) will be 10+2. However, when applying student need to upload mark sheets of 10+2. In all cases & 1st year and 2nd year (all semesters) where 1st course in on-professional.
There are two types of integrated courses (dual degree) which are discussed below:
- Integrated courses (dual degree) which have both the courses as professional/ technical for example BE+ME, B Tech+ M. Tech, BBA+MBA. In such cases, only first professional degree will be granted scholarship.
- Integrated courses (dual degree) which have first degree as academic (non-professional) and second degree as professional/ technical for example BA+LLB, B.Com+LLB. In such cases, student will be paid for professional part of the course and not for non-professional/ academic.
Only students with 60% marks or above in the 10+2/ MEQ level are eligible to apply
Amount of scholarship:
- Rs 2,500 per month for boys
- Rs 3,000 per month for girls
Scholarship will be paid annually by Kendriya Sainik Board
Availability of application form: The application form and brochure is available with Kendriya Sainik Board. Website www.ksb.gov.in
Submission of application: Application are to be filled up online through ZSWOs offices. Formats of all these documents are available on KSB website www.ksb.gov.in under PMSS link renewal of scholarship
Last date: The last date of online application at the Directorate of Sainik Welfare, Guwahati Assam is November 15, 2019. No application will be accepted by the directorate after that.
- 3 women farmers killed, 2 injured as truck hits them near Tikri border
- Italy hosts a climate-focused G20 as geopolitics shift
- Campaign for Tuirial assembly bypoll ends in north Mizoram
- AFI partners with IOS Sports to raise bar of Indian Athletics
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended