The Union ministry of minority affairs (MoMA) is providing an opportunity to the students belonging to six minority communities notified by the government of India (Jain, Buddhist, Sikh, Zoroastrian (Parsi), Muslim and Christian) for availing of scholarships under pre-matric scholarship for the year 2019-20.
The Assam Minorities Development Board has invited applications for the scholarships given by the ministry for the said scheme.
The last date of submission applications for fresh scholarship (first time applicant) and renewal scholarship (applicant who has got scholarship during 2018-19) by students (pre-matric scholarships): October 15, 2019
- The applicant should be the student of the of the notified minority communities (Jain, Buddhist, Sikh, Zoroastrian (Parsis), Muslim and Christian).
- The applicant should be pursuing studies in India in government or recognised private institute/school.
- The course being pursued should be of minimum one year duration
- Pre-matric scholarship will be awarded to the students of Class I to X who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs 1 lakh. Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
Applicants are advised to apply online against the scholarship scheme on the website of National Scholarship Portal at www.scholarships.gov.in or mobile app — national scholarships (NSP).
Detailed instructions for filling online application and frequently asked questions (FAQs) are available on the national scholarship portal homepage.
Applicants are advised to give only that bank account details which remains in active mode or complaint as per bank’s instructions so that payment of scholarship does not fail.
All institutes/schools, where a minority student is studying, should get themselves registered (if not done earlier) on National Scholarship Portal by July 31, 2019. It is mentioned here that, the institutional head will keep the online application (hard copy) along with supporting documents from the students. After receiving online applications from the students, they will login to the institute and verify/approve the online applications and submit the verified list with seal and signature to this district nodal officer on or before 31 December, 2019.
For detailed information, visit the website of ministry of minority affairs, www.minorityaffairs.gov.in
Samadhaan Helpline (toll-free 1800-11-2001).One may also contact office of the Assam Minorities Development Board, RGB Road, Ganeshguri-6
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation