Applications are invited in the state department of higher education’s (DHE) prescribed format for the post of assistant professors at North Kamrup College in Baghmara in Assam’s Barpeta district.
Name of post: Assistant Professors
No of posts: 9 posts
Assamese: 1 Post (UR)
Economics: 2 Posts (OBC/ MOBC- 1 ST(H)-1)
Education: 2 Posts (OBC/MOBC- 1, ST(P)- 1)
English: 3 Posts (UR- 1, SC-1, ST(P)- 1)
Political Science: 1 Post (OBC/MOBC)
Pay: UGC pay scale of Rs 57,700 – 82,400 with other allowances, as per rules.
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point at the Master’s degree level
- Candidates must have cleared NET/SLET/SET
- Candidates who have been awarded a Ph D degree in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement at NET/SLET/SET
- Relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate or Master’s level for SC/ST/differently-abled categories without including any grace mark.
- Relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of marks to the Ph D degree holders who obtained Master’s degree prior to September 19, 1991.
Age: 38 years, as on January 1, 2019 with relaxation of three years to OBC/MOBC & five years to SC/ST/PWD candidates as per government rules.
How to apply:
Applications with relevant documents from HSLC onwards along with a bank draft of Rs 2,500 drawn in favour of the Principal, North Kamrup College, payable at Assam Gramin Vikash Bank, Baghmara Branch should reach the college within 15 days from the date of publication [12/07/2019] of this advertisement. The candidate must submit PRC and know local language. In-service candidates will have to apply through proper channel with an NOC from the appointing authority/ employer.
Address: Dr Surajit Barman Principal & Secretary, North Kamrup College, Baghmara P.O: Baghmara Bazar (781328), District: Barpeta, Assam (M: 9435484755)
For advertisement details, please check here .