Guwahati: Applications are invited from interested and eligible female candidates for admission into the three-year general nursing and midwife (GNM) course at VKNRL School of Nursing, Numaligarh, Golaghat, Assam with an intake capacity of 40 seats.
- 10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually from any recognized board. Candidates are also eligible from state open school recognized by state government and national institute of open school (NIOS), i.e CBSE board/state/central/other recognised by central government. However, science is preferable
- 10+2 with English, having 40% marks, with vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC)
- 10+2 with English having 40% marks in vocational stream- healthcare science from a recognized board
- Registered ANM with pass marks
- 5% of total marks is relaxed for SC/ST candidates
- Students shall be medically fit
Age: Minimum age for admission will be 17 years as on December 31, 2019. The upper age limit is 35 years.
- For disabled candidates: 5% reservation to be considered with a disability of locomotor to the tune of 40%-50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to age and qualification will be same as prescribed for nursing programme
- 30% of the seats shall be reserved for the candidates from 10 km radius of Numaligarh refinery limited (schooling from school covered under Gyandeep Scheme). 30% of the seats shall be reserved for candidates from Golaghat district and 40% of the seats is open for all. In case of non-availability of suitable candidates from 10 km radius of Numaligarh refinery, these seats shall be filled from the merit list of Golaghat district and in case of non-availability of suitable candidates from Golaghat district the same shall be filled from open merit list
- Seat reservation as per government of Assam norms (SC-7%, ST (P)- 10%, ST (H)- 5%, OBC/MOBC- 15%)
Selection shall be based on the percentage of marks scored in the qualifying examination and marks obtained in entrance examination. In case of science stream, additional 7% shall be added.
How to apply:
Online application forms shall be available at the school website, www.vknrlnursingschool.edu.in, from July 7, 2019 to July 31, 2019. The online application form must be filled up after carefully going through the guidelines given in the website. Application forms will no longer be available after July 31, 2019. Interested candidates are advised to submit the form within the stipulated period.
A non-refundable fee of Rs 100 is required to be paid online. Payment option will be available in the website.
Admit cards will be available online from August 19, 2019 to August 24, 2019 which can be downloaded from the website.
Visit www.vknrlnursingschool.edu.in for more details.