Guwahati: Rajya Sabha MP and former Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi on Thursday launched Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma‘s diary, highlighting the first year in office, published as a book.
“A great day for me as Hon’ble former CJI & RS MP Shri Ranjan Gogoi launched my book ‘Mukhyamantrir Diary 1’ where I’ve chronicled my daily activities during 1st year of my tenure as CM,” Sarma tweeted after the book launch in the evening.
It’s a humble attempt to bring forth the ideas and thoughts behind a chief minister’s way of functioning, he added.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Inaugurating the book, Gogoi said that Sarma has been discharging his duties with dedication.
“During the COVID-19 pandemic, he played an extraordinary role. I was very influenced by his way of functioning in that phase,” the parliamentarian said.
Also read | Dancing no more: Puppetry in Tripura is on its last leg
- ICMR study to assess connection between heart attack deaths, Covid
- Meghalaya Cong MP writes to PM to build women’s markets
- EU removes Pakistan from list of ‘High-Risk Third Countries’
- Why the ethics of octopus farming is so troubling
- Spouses of H-1B visa holders can work in US, says judge
- India to unveil new Foreign Trade Policy 2023-28