Guwahati: The newly-appointed assistant high commissioner of Bangladesh in Guwahati, Ruhul Amin, called on Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Wednesday.
He was accompanied by the outgoing assistant high commissioner Dr. Shah Mohammad Tanvir Monsur.
“Glad to meet Dr Shah Mohammad Tanvir Monsur, outgoing Assistant High Commissioner & Head of Mission, Bangladesh Assistant High Commission, Guwahati, and Mr Ruhul Amin, who is replacing Dr Shah,” Sarma Tweeted after the meeting.
“Wished Dr Shah on his next assignment and accorded a warm welcome to Rahul to Assam,” he added.
- In Nepal, officials defend detusking to reduce human-elephant conflict
- Over 75 pc Indians with hypertension have uncontrolled BP: Lancet study
- World Cup concussion rules may be putting players’ lives at risk
- Cabinet decisions: TMC seeks white paper from Himanta-led Assam govt
- The Wonder on Netflix shows how starving bodies remain a public spectacle
- Lifestyle, smoking behind rise in non-communicable diseases in tribal areas: Experts