Sunlit Studio, in association with Xomonnoy, organised a special screening of the documentary ‘Children of God’.
Through this 32-minute documentary, director Parthajit Baruah highlights the trauma that a queer individual has to face from the family and the society and hopes to break the cycle of discrimination against the queer community.
Parthajit Baruah, an award-winning documentary filmmaker and film scholar, authored the book ‘Face to Face: The Cinema of Adoor Gopalakrishnan’ in 2016 that bagged him the Best Book in Cinema award at the State Film Award by the Government of Assam.
His latest book is ‘Jyotiprasad, Joymoti, Indramalati and Beyond: History of Assamese Cinema’. He has also won the Prag Channel Film Critic Award for his book ‘Chalachitror Tarango (Film Theory)’. His prominent documentaries like Laxmi Orang – Rising from the Grave, The Dhemaji Tragedy, Chiaroscuro, Breaking the Silence and Reema Panging have won multiple awards. His recent documentary is ‘In Search of Jyoti Kokaidew’.
The documentary was screened at Rudra Barua Auditorium, Jyotichitraban, Guwahati on the 6th of February, 2022 from 11 a.m. The event was organised by Xomonnoy, a queer feminist organisation of Assam.
Apart from renowned personalities from the film fraternity, the event will be graced by national award-winning filmmaker Dr. Bobby Sharma Baruah, noted actor-turned-director Aimee Baruah, famous fashion designer Garima Garg and others.
- Sikkim chief secretary holds meeting with officials on G20 events
- Bills introduced in Lok Sabha to revise ST lists in four states
- BJP’s loss in MCD, Himachal polls show ‘Modi Magic’ fading: Tripura ex-CM
- Shrine dedicated to mark centenary of arrival of Salesian Sisters in Northeast
- Meghalaya 2023: Can the BJP turn support into seats in Garo Hills?
- Tripura: BSF-BGB resolve to end border killings, combat insurgents