Guwahati: Denied permission for picnic by her parents, a 19-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide in Guwahati’s Patharquarry area on Monday evening.
The deceased was a first-semester student of Guwahati College.
Her parents said they were not at home when the incident took place.
According to reports, the girl was extremely upset when her parents did not let her go to picnic with her friends.
Police said investigation is on to find out the exact reason for the extreme step.
- Arunachal boy’s abduction: Indian Army seeks help from China’s PLA
- Son of ‘murdered’ NFR employee allegedly assaulted by cops
- Sanjay Dutt shares the beauty of Arunachal in new campaign: Watch
- Manipur pre-poll violence: Grenade hurled at NPP supporter’s house
- In pictures: Lee Se-young’s ‘Clever & Clover’ gets to Vogue Korea cover
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition found in Paschim Medinipur